OK! I consider myself called out. I have to readjust my priorities and not spend so much time trying to make a living and just blog blog blog instead of bog bog bog! Ran this morning with my GPS in hand. Verified my 5K course and ran that verified 5K in 24:43. That is 10k pace at 49:26 for those of you who are math challenged. Yes, yes, yes, I know that running 5K in 24:43 doesn't translate into running a 10k in 49:26, but hey this is blogging. There is no fact or logic parameters here that must be maintained. History must be fact. The 24:43 for the 5K is exact and verified by GPS to within plus or minus .0004 miles and within .00303 seconds, not counting any nominal effects of earth axis nutation or solar flare impact on satellite accuracy combined representing a maximum of +/- .001122% for 3.1 miles in the western hemisphere at roughly 33 degrees latitude and 97 degrees longitude. (Results will vary based on different latitudes as earth axis nutation expands exponentially as latitude markings approach zero.) But hey, this is probably close enough!
Anyway, I ran today and am in full swing anticipation for the Quantico 10K. Yes, I can visit with the Marines as they are running backwards so that they can talk to me more easily, but hey, I'll finish even if I have to ask the ambulance driver to please drive across the finish line so that my timing chip will register. Can't wait for Quantico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment